Hi everyone, I am a Registered Dietitian / Clinical Nutritionist based on the Isle of Man. I provide face-to-face consultations (whole island coverage) as well as international Skype and online consultations. My qualifications include a BSc Human Nutrition and Dietetics degree (registered 1986) and I have over 30 years of experience working in the field of clinical human nutrition.
My areas of expertise include:
- Achieving optimal health through nutrition & appropriate use of nutrition supplements (I do not sell supplements)
- Coeliac disease, gluten sensitivity, gastrointestinal disorders, leaky gut, dysbiosis, SIBO
- Stomach and bowel problems, irritable bowel syndrome or IBS, Crohns disease, ulcerative colitis
- Autoimmune diseases
- Multiple sclerosis
- Diabetes and insulin resistance
- Allergies and intolerances
- Histamine intolerance / mast cell activation syndrome
- Migraines and headaches
- Cancer (Nutritional interventions for prevention and during treatment)
- Special diet cookery, especially for gluten, corn & cow’s milk free diets, low carb, Low FODMAP
- Gluten free training / special diet training – for restaurateurs and caterers
- Specialist renal diets for end stage renal failure, haemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis and following renal transplantation
- Specialist liver diets
- Computer-based nutrition research
- Sport’s nutrition advice (and no medical problems) – click here.
- Optimal nutrition for sports performance (for those with additional medical conditions)
- Specialist advice on children’s diets – click here.
I also have a keen interest in functional, integrative and alternative (evidence-based) medicine.
What is the difference between a nutrition therapist, nutrition consultant, nutritionist and a dietitian?
I believe …
Good health should be treasured and nurtured. We have one body and we should look after it! This means:
- Taking responsibility for your own health
- Eating an optimal diet based on real foods
- You cannot exercise your way out of a bad diet!
- You cannot medicate your way out of an unhealthy lifestyle!
- Take time out every day to relax and de-stress
- Take time every day to get some exercise
- Take time every day to get out into the fresh air
- Learn to look after your body and your mind
- Look after the environment. We need it if mankind is to have a future
Then you can look forward to a healthy and active old age……and so can your children, and your children’s children!
For more information please visits Shem’s website www.shem.im